World-class weight-loss expert and author of Shred: The Revolutionary Diet Dr. Ian Smith tells us the Shred Diet isn't only about weight loss - it's about reshaping your body and changing the way your clothes fit.
How does it work? The Shred Plan is based on "diet confusion". Very similar to the exercise strategy called muscle confusion, Dr Smith maintains that if you eat the same foods all the time, your body adjusts to that specific diet. Your metabolism stabilizes and fat accumulates as a result. By varying the types and quantities of food you eat, you'll prevent your metabolism from slowing down and trick your body into burning more calories.
- Week 1: Prime – This week is an introduction to the Shred Diet and serves to ease your body into the lifestyle change.
- Week 2: Challenge – During the second week, you’ll get serious about your commitment to the diet by reducing your calorie intake.
- Week 3: Transformation – You’ll start noticing a difference in how you look and feel this week! This is the most difficult week of the program – push yourself to find new ways to break through your weight-loss plateau.
- Week 4: Ascend – This week will come as a relief after the difficulty of Week 3. Use this time to rebuild your strength and gain confidence.
- Week 5: Cleanse – You’ll begin a detox focused on cleansing your blood and eliminating toxins from your body.
- Week 6: Explode – The final week of the cycle starts a lifetime of maintenance by creating a new, sustainable lifestyle based on what you’ve learned.
Read the full article and learn key strategies to be successful in turning your body into a fat-shredding machine in just 6 weeks!